Host Leadership Gathering 2018
28-29 May 2018, Paris, France
Are you interested in being an engaging leader? In exploring the latest ideas in leadership and leadership development? In making better human connections with people inside and outside your organisation? In helping others to build engagement, performance and results?
The 2018 Host Leadership Gathering is a meeting point for everyone who uses (or would like to begin using) the ideas and practices of Host Leadership. Whether you are experienced in this field or simply want to get the best possible start in exploring this field, this is the place to be!
Host authors Dr Mark McKergow and Helen Bailey, French host leadership pioneers Géry Derbier and Laurent Sarrazin and USA-based Agile guru Alistair Cockburn invite you to join us for learning, exploration, dialogue and, above all, new ideas on using and benefiting from leading as a host.
Monday 28 May 2018 (afternoon): Introductory training in Host Leadership with Géry Derbier and Laurent Sarrazin – ideal for learning and refreshing your ideas about the many aspects of this exciting new field.
Tuesday 29 May 2018: Host Leadership Gathering with keynotes from Mark McKergow, Helen Bailey and Alistair Cockburn, plus workshops with internationally recognised host leadership practitioners and plenty of Open Space for emergent topics and questions. You are invited (and encouraged) to bring along questions to ask, experiences to share, difficulties to address and challenges to work on. We already have confirmations from participants from Germany, Bulgaria and the USA. Some of the workshops and topics on the agenda include:
- Rolf Katzenberger on the dynamics of moving between roles and positions while hosting
- Helen Bailey on the latest work on a Host Leadership behavioural questionnaire – we’ll be sharing the latest prototype and discussing how to use it
- Alistair Cockburn on ‘guest leadership’ – his latest idea and an intriguing take on the host-guest relationship
- Mark McKergow on how the use and application of host leadership ideas is spreading around the world
- Géry Derbier and Laurent Sarrazin on using host leadership as part of their approach to agile projects and trainings.
There will be a social rendezvous on the evening of Monday 28 May so that everyone can gather meet and connect to make the most of our time together.
- Already using Host Leadership ideas in your work
- Wishing to learn about Host Leadership in all kinds of settings
- A leadership development professional wishing to learn about these latest ideas
- Someone who wants to explore leadership in the context of working with complexity, emergence and uncertainty
- Someone who wants to hang out with some very interesting people from around the world and have a great time!
The venue will be MAS-Paris, Rue des Terres au Curé, 75013 Paris, France. This smart conference centre is in the 13th arrondissement, near the Porte D’Ivry, Olympiades and Bibliotheque Francois-Mitterand Metro stations.
Tickets are now available, priced at:
- Gathering (1 day): €175
- Workshop (1/2 day: €120
- Both Gathering and Workshop: €245
Prices include refreshments and lunch, and French VAT. To book please go to:
Any questions about the Gathering please contact Géry Derbier (email@example.com) or Laurent Sarrazin (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Paris. We look forward to meeting up in France in May. Fantastique!
Hotel options for the Host Leadership Gathering
Close to the MAS-Paris conference centre:
Ibis Styles Paris Massena Olympiades, 3*** (100m from MAS-Paris) – Mark is staying here!
Green Hotels Paris XIII, 3*** (400m from MAS-Paris)
Residence Richemont, 3*** (500m from MAS-Paris)
We admit that this isn’t the most touristic part of Paris! But it’s well connected. If you are wanting to stay elsewhere, consider somewhere close to the Metro Line 14 which will connect you with Olympiades station.