The latest issue of InterAction (August 2019) contains a great article from Mark McKergow and Dr Peter Rohrig about Peter’s developments to the User’s Guide to the Future model (first described in the Host book) to make it even more useful as a coaching tool. Well worth a read! Check it out here. The article also includes a coaching session, with feedback from the client.
We have had an excellent and very international response to the invitation for the Host Leadership Gathering 2019 in Munich. Alongside the introductory workshop on Thursday 27 June 2019 and the Open Space day on Saturday 29 June 2019, the conference day on Friday 28 June will be packed with interesting topics, presenters, discussions and opportunities. The line-up will include:
- Mark McKergow (UK) – Host leadership – the next step steps
- Bjørn Z. Ekelund (SWE) – Creating space and processes for families of poverty seeking housing opportunities
- Rolf Katzenberger (GER) – Hosting by treating ‘change’ as a guest, alongside the people
- Leah Davcheva (BUL) – Can we use Diversity Icebreaker and Host Leadership with teams to mutually enhance their impact?
- Jessika Jake (USA) – The V-I-C-T-O-R Model… for the Host with the Most
- Pierluigi Pugliese (ITA/GER)- Be a Useful Host
- Olga Kiss and Gabriella Peuker (HUN) – Host your team in a relationship retro
- Athena Valdovinos (USA) – The Game of Continuous Improvement: From Concrete Jungle to… Well, Concrete
- Stephen Josephs (USA): Attentional practices for hosts
Because assessing and assembling the programme has taken a little longer than anticipated, we are extending the Early Bird discount until 31 May 2019. To get a great discount on the event, please book soon at https://connexxo.com/events/host-leadership-gathering-2019/#bottom. There is also information on this site at http://hostleadership.com/host-leadership-gathering-2019/.
We will be getting more information about the workshops and presenters online very soon. Hope to see you in Munich!
The Host Leadership Gathering 2019 is officially on! We invite anyone interested in the future of engaging and participative leadership to join us in Munich, Germany on 27-29 June 2019. The event is focused on learning together, sharing and building the new Host Leadership fieldbook which will be published later in the year. With content from introductory workshops to more advanced sessions and an Open Space, there will be room for contributions and participation of all kinds.
- Thursday 27 June 2019: Host Leadership workshop with Pierluigi Pugliese
- Friday 28 June 2019: Host Leadership conference
- Saturday 29 June 2019: Open Space for Host Leadership Fieldbook.
- Workshop proposals – 30 April 2019
- Early bird booking deadline: 15 May 2019
- Gathering: 27 – 29 June 2019
Full details and booking information are at http://hostleadership.com/host-leadership-gathering-2019/. There are discounts for 2 and 3 day participation. Make sure you get your workshop proposal in early and register by the early bird deadline of 15 May 2019. See you there! Any questions, please contact Mark McKergow (email@example.com).
Host co-author Mark McKergow’s TEDx talk about host leadership is online today! Mark was invited to speak at TEDx Kazimierz in Krakow, Poland earlier in the year, and the resulting talk is now online for all to view! In the course of his talk Mark connects with the SOLWorld community and Sunday Assembly, both of which he played a role in developing, as examples of host leadership in action. Watch it, like and share please!
Wonderful news from us here at Host Leadership. Plans are coming together for our next Gathering, which will be in Paris, France on 28-29 May 2018. Tickets are now available. For more details and to book, head to the Gathering page on this site. To simply book tickets, go to the booking site.
This event will be of great interest and value if you are:
- Already using Host Leadership ideas in your work
- Wishing to learn about Host Leadership in all kinds of settings
- A leadership development professional wishing to learn about these latest ideas
- Someone who wants to explore leadership in the context of working with complexity, emergence and uncertainty
- Someone who wants to hang out with some very interesting people from around the world and have a great time!
We’re looking forward to meeting you in Paris in May. Fantastique!
We’re delighted to have a new video to share, featuring Mark McKergow himself introducing the concept of host leadership through three leadership metaphors – hero, servant and host. This intimate presentation was recorded live at a workshop in Helsinki, Finland, and thanks go to Taitoba’s Peter Sundman who both organised the workshop and made the recording. It’s around seven minutes of Mark’s engaging live presentation style – check it out below.
The Bulgarian language edition of Host is now out. Published by Istok-Zapad, it goes under the Bulgarian title of ‘Гостоприемно лидерство’, or (literally) Hospitable Leadership. The ISBN is 978-619-01-0105-5. More details from the publisher at http://iztok-zapad.eu/books/book/2007/гостоприемно-лидерство-марк-маккъргоу-и-хелън-бейли.
Come and join Mark McKergow for an action-packed conference in Sofia, Bulgaria. Mark will be leading a half-day session about using host leadership ideas to engage people for performance and results, and then participating with seven other speakers in a packed conference day about all kinds of new organisational thinking. More details at http://2017.reinventingorganizations.eu/.
The first international Host Leadership conference is coming! We’re very excited to announce that there will events in London from 14-16 September 2016. The broad outline is:
- Wednesday 14 September 2016: Pre-conference workshop: Meet Host Leadership with Host authors Mark McKergow and Helen Bailey
- Thursday 15 September 2016: Host Leadership conference 2016 – featuring international speakers, activities, networking, and an open space session so you can host your own discussions
- Friday 16 September 2016: Post-conference workshop: Developing your awareness as a Host Leader with Stephen Josephs (USA) and Mark McKergow
Booking details will be available soon. In the meantime, get the date into your diary! We’re looking forward to welcoming you to London for a fantastic event.
We are thrilled to announce two opportunities to discover Host Leadership with Mark McKergow in the near future – in different parts of Europe.
Mark is also giving a one-day masterclass about coaching, leading and host leadership for Coaching At Work on Tuesday 11 October 2016 – more details coming soon at http://www.coaching-at-work.com/masterclasses/ .
Do come and join Mark for one of these exciting and interactive sessions!